forums
Please Login or Register to post in the forums

Josh Saunders New York City Jersey

No member photo
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2016-07-04

Red Sox Expect To Further Talks With Lester - RealGM Wiretap
The Boston Red Sox are still hoping they will be able to keep Jon Lester from hitting the open market after the season.

Lester has a 3.45 ERA in the final season of a previous contract extension.

Larry Lucchino told WEEI’s Dennis & Callahan that he “certainly expect[s]” to engage in further extension talks with Lester’s representatives at ACES before the left-hander becomes a free agent.

Napoli Addition Doesnt Mean Red Sox Wont Pursue Swisher - RealGM Wiretap

The Red Sox have reached an agreement on a three-year deal with Mike Napoli Mix Diskerud New York City Jersey , but that doesn’t mean they won’t continue to pursue Nick Swisher in free agency.

Napoli is expected to primarily play first base for Boston, but they are also in need of an outfielder, which makes Swisher an option.

Gonzalez Cites Green Monster For Power Drop - RealGM Wiretap

Adrian Gonzalez grew up in San Diego rooting for the Padres Mehdi Ballouchy New York City Jersey , but always admired Fernando Valenzuela.

Gonzalez realizes that the Dodgers’ large Mexican-American fan base will identify with him.

“Hopefully, I can come close to doing what Fernando did here,” he said. “But everything good comes from doing your work on the field.”

Gonzalez was often criticized by the Boston media.

“They didn’t like that I was a calm person. I won’t throw my helmet Kwame Watson-Siriboe New York City Jersey , I won’t scream, I won’t use bad words if I strike out. That’s what they want over there.”

Gonzalez lost some of his power while with the Red Sox, hitting 27 home runs in 2011 after averaging 34 over the previous four seasons.

“What took my power away was the Green Monster Kwadwo Poku New York City Jersey ,” said Gonazlez.

Astros Bolster Bullpen With Gregerson Neshek - RealGM Wiretap

The Houston Astros are working hard to fortify their bullpen this offseason.

Houston has agreed to a three-year, $18.5 million deal with Luke Gregerson and will also sign Pat Neshek, according to sources.

Gregerson is expected to become the team’s closer with Neshek working in the back of the bullpen.

Cubs Listened To Offers For Samardzija - RealGM Wiretap

Discussions didn’t go anywhere Khiry Shelton New York City Jersey , but the Chicago Cubs listened to offers for Jeff Samardzija ahead of this week’s trade deadline.

“I don’t think players should be all that sensitive about it,” Jed Hoyer said. “If you are a seller, it is almost impossible for your name not to be mentioned in a deal. We never came close with any deal for Samardzija and we are happy we have him. We hope he is here for a long time.”

The Cubs started talking about a long-term deal with Samardzija last fall. The conversations were preliminary but substantive.

“It is something we would like to do it for sure Josh Saunders New York City Jersey ,” Hoyer said of working out a long-term deal. “We love having him on the team. He brings the right competitiveness to the club. I think he will keep getting better. We want to acquire a lot more pitchers like him. It is hard to rank it on a priority list, but it is very high on things we would like to get done.”